Since 2007, Webster Vienna Private University is honored to acknowledge a very special fund, the Dr. Elizabeth Chopin Endowed Visiting Professorship, donated by the late Mag. Reinhard Ortner.
This professorship was created in honor of Dr. Chopin's long history of service to the university and the community. Dr. Elizabeth Chopin was the Director of the Vienna Campus from 1988-99.
The endowment allows Webster Vienna to attract world-renowned professors in the fields of business, international relations, art, media and psychology to lecture and share their professional experiences through public forums.
Current Visiting Professors:
- Sept. 2019 - Johannes Jaeger, scientist, and natural philosopher; visiting scholar at the Center for Systems Biology Dresden (CSBD), the University of Vienna and the Centre de Recherches Interdisciplinaires (CRI) in Paris (Center for Liberal Arts)
- Nov. 2019 - David Shambaugh; Gaston Sigur Professor of Asian Studies, Political Science & International Affairs Director, China Policy Program at the George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs in Washington, D.C. (International Relations)
Former Visiting Professors:
- 2019 - Iver B. Neumann, Norwegian Social Research and Oslo University (International Relations) and Marwan M. Kraidy, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania (Media Communications)
- 2015 - Ken Albala, University of the Pacific, Stockton, California (History)
- 2014 - Joel M. Stern, University of Chicago, Columbia (Finance)
- 2011 - Diane O’Donoghue, Tufts University (Art/Psychology)
- 2008 - Andi Markowitz, University of Michigan (Politics)
- 2007 - Philip G. Zimbardo, Stanford University (Psychology)
Call for Nomination
This Visiting Fellowship is awarded twice a year to senior researchers from within and beyond the Webster academic community.
Duration: three days – one week
Number: two per year
Location: Webster Vienna Private University
Eligibility: Senior researchers in the fields of International Relations, Psychology, Business and Finance, Media, Art or Music from all Webster Worldwide Campuses. In addition, externals can be recommended by any campus.
Endowed Professorship Activities: Flexible; special tailored guest lecture or mini-seminar for students, alumni and Webster stakeholders; lecture in house and public
Selection Committee: Director and respective department head of Webster Vienna Private University; respective dean of Webster University St. Louis
Remuneration: 5,000 Euros lump sum (including accommodation and traveling to/from WVPU)
Timeline: Nominations can be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on an ongoing basis. The selection committee decides every year by April 30, and will then invite the selected researchers.
The next fellowship will commence in the academic year 2020-2021.