Webster Vienna Academics
Undergraduate students of all majors are welcome to study abroad at Webster Vienna even if their major isn’t offered in full at our campus. We offer a wide range of general education courses and electives plus core courses for BA majors.
Graduate students pursuing their degree in the Master of Arts in International Relations or their Master of Business Administration can take core classes at our campus.
Study Abroad Information & Resources
If you are eager to find out more about studying abroad, please meet with a study abroad advisor or your academic advisor.
Afterward, you’ll want to review the visa and permit requirements by visiting our Visas and Permits page.
We encourage student mobility internationally and make it easy to all qualified students to study abroad. You may choose to study one term or more at one of our international campuses without interrupting your program of studies. Simply start the process two terms ahead of your planned travel date by meeting with your academic advisor.
- Undergraduate student: must have successfully completed a minimum of 15 credit hours at Webster University Vienna Campus at time of international travel.
- Graduate student: must have successfully completed a minimum of 9 credit hours at Webster University Vienna Campus at time of international travel.
- Must be in good academic standing.
Minimum GPA 2.0 for undergraduate students or 3.0 for graduate students
- Must be in good financial standing with the Business office.
- Must be in good social standing, complying with Webster’s student conduct policy.
Webster World Traveler Award
The purpose of this award is to provide round-trip airfare to degree-seeking students at Webster University wishing to study abroad at another location and return to their home campus to complete their degrees. This award is not applicable to students wishing to apply for a permanent site-transfer.
For students enrolled at a European campus, eligible travel includes Webster campuses in the United States, Thailand or China (note that not all programs are available at all campuses).
Qualifications for the Webster World Traveler Award:
- Must successfully complete a minimum of one eight-week term (six credits) abroad as a full-time student.
- Must remain enrolled as a full-time student in good standing while abroad in accordance with Webster University policy and local immigration law.
- Must complete a minimum of 30 additional credit hours at Webster University, which may include credits earned while abroad or completion of the degree program at Webster University.
- Successfully fulfill the service obligation to be determined in consultation with the Study Abroad Office. The students, for example, would agree, on their return to Webster Vienna, to talk to current students about their experience, the added value to their education and the lasting impact on their world view. By so doing they would encourage studying abroad to other students.
- If you decide to change the ticket once it has been booked, you are financially responsible for any change fee and re-booking.
Founded in 1915, Webster University is committed to ensuring high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence. Prepare for your next step and explore our community resources.