Dr. Chopin Visiting Professorship
Since 2007, Webster Vienna Private University is honored to acknowledge a very special fund, the Dr. Elizabeth Chopin Endowed Visiting Professorship, donated by the late Mag. Reinhard Ortner.
This professorship was created in honor of Dr. Chopin's long history of service to the university and the community. Dr. Elizabeth Chopin was the Director of the Vienna Campus from 1988-99.
The endowment allows Webster Vienna to attract world-renowned professors in the fields of business, international relations, art, media and psychology to lecture and share their professional experiences through public forums.
Current Visiting Professors:
- February 2019 Iver B. Neumann, Norwegian Social Research and Oslo University (International Relations)
- March 2019 Marwan M. Kraidy, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania (Media Communications)
Former Visiting Professors:
- 2015 Ken Albala, University of the Pacific, Stockton, California (History)
- 2014 Joel M. Stern, University of Chicago, Columbia (Finance)
- 2011 Diane O’Donoghue, Tufts University (Art/Psychology)
- 2008 Andi Markowitz, University of Michigan (Politics)
- 2007 Philip G. Zimbardo, Stanford University (Psychology)
Call for Nomination
This Visiting Fellowship is awarded twice a year to senior researchers from within and beyond the Webster academic community.
Duration: three days – one week
Number: two per year
Location: Webster Vienna Private University
Eligibility: Senior researchers in the fields of International Relations, Psychology, Business and Finance, Media, Art or Music from all Webster Worldwide Campuses. In addition, externals can be recommended by any campus.
Endowed Professorship Activities: Flexible; special tailored guest lecture or mini-seminar for students, alumni and Webster stakeholders; lecture in house and public
Selection Committee: Director and respective department head of Webster Vienna Private University; respective dean of Webster University St. Louis
Remuneration: 5,000 Euros lump sum (including accommodation and traveling to/from WVPU)
Timeline: Nominations can be submitted via e-mail to: office.director[at]webster.ac.at on an ongoing basis. The selection committee decides every year by April 30, and will then invite the selected researchers.
The next fellowship will commence in the academic year 2019/20.
Online nomination form on WVPU’s website:
If you would like to nominate someone, please fill out this form: