Visa Information for Undergraduate Students

*Webster Vienna Private University is not able to give legal immigration advice or represent students as a third party. The outcome of visa/residency permit applications is the decision of the Austrian authorities alone.

If you need professional legal assistance obtaining an Austrian visa or residency permit, please consult one of the following legal professionals:

(Note: Consultation fees with the aforementioned legal professionals will not be covered by Webster Vienna Private University.)

Dr. Konstantin Köck, LL.M., MBA, LL.M.
Rechtsanwalt | Counsel

Jank Weiler Operenyi
Rechtsanwälte GmbH
Schottengasse 1
A-1010 Wien

Tel +43 1 513 09 13
Fax +43 1 513 09 13-13

Mag. Jakob Leinsmer

Gottgeisl & Leinsmer Rechtsanwälte OG
Kepplerplatz 12
A-1100 Wien

Tel + 43 1 600 27 71 – 20
Fax +43 1 600 27 71 – 89


Dr. Winfried Schwarz, LL.M.

Schwarz Schönherr Rechtsanwälte KG
Parkring 12
A-1010 Wien

Tel +43 (1) 512 42 43



Obtaining a student visa or residency permit takes time (at least 3 months in most cases and sometimes 6 months or longer), so please apply as soon / as early as possible.

For non-EU applicants under age 18, please review the additional requirements (legal guardianship is required) needed to apply for an Austrian visa.

Depending on your nationality, different regulations apply to entering and/or residing in Austria. Visit this link for a list of countries whose citizens are exempt from visa requirements for a limited period of time for Austria.

The Austrian laws differentiate between citizens of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), and citizens of all other states (third-country nationals).

Citizens of EU/EEA states and Switzerland do not need an entry visa or a residence permit to be able to study in Austria. If EU/EEA citizens plan to live in Austria for more than three months they require a confirmation of registration (Anmeldebescheinigung).

If you have further questions after reviewing the different links on this website, please contact Student Services at


Undergraduate Entry Dates:

First-time freshman students are encouraged to begin their studies with the Fall 1 and Spring 1 starting dates. However, if classes are available, freshman students are furthermore welcome to start with our Fall 2 and Spring 2 starting dates. First-time freshman students are unfortunately not able to start with the Summer term. 

All Bachelor transfer students - transferring from an accredited university (accredited by the Ministry of Education in your country) - can also start in all of our 5 terms, if classes are available.

Should a student run into visa issues and can not start his/her studies, the starting term will be deferred to the next upcoming term if classes are available. Please check with your Admissions Officer if you have any questions or concerns about deferrals. 

To learn more about the tuition fees, starting terms and required application documents for the Bachelor programs please visit our Undergraduate application website.