Vienna - the Heart of Europe
Many consider it one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, with its idyllic setting on the Danube, vast green spaces that make up over half of the city, and combination of stunning imperial as well as modern architecture. As a Webster Vienna student, you can experience the best of both words: the historic charm of the city’s world renowned culture and traditional coffee houses right alongside its contemporary music, art scene and nightlife.
Vienna - the most liveable city in the World.
Some wonderful news has come out this year which is no news to anyone who has ever set foot in the city of music and dreams - Vienna, Austria.
Not only has Vienna ranked #1 for 9 consecutive years in a row for having the highest quality of life in Mercer's Quality of Living survey, Vienna has now also ranked #1 for being the "world's most liveable city" by the Economist Intelligence Unit's Global Liveability Index.
Vienna is a hidden gem nesteled in the heart of Europe. Our public transportation system is affordable, reliable and can get you to almost any point in the city meaning students do not need to invest in automobiles and other expensive forms of transportation. It is a safe and quite city with wonderful public events held almost every month for its residents. The classical music scene, museums, palaces and parks are treasures at the fingertips of residents and visitors of this city with an imperial past.
Webster Vienna students, staff and faculty are lucky to live and study in such a beautiful city.
Vienna - the world's best city for young people.
- Vienna has been selected “the World’s best place to live” in Mercer‘s annual Quality of Living Survey for nine years in a row! (2009-2018)
- According to the UN's "State of the World's Cities 2012/2013" study, Vienna is the most prosperous city in the world.
- Since 2012, Vienna has also been ranked as "World's best city for young people, The City of Dreams", "#1 Smart City on the Planet" and Vienna was one of two Austrian cities to make the top 10 list of the "Top 25 Cities in the World."
- Vienna has a lot to offer young professionals from all around the world (see video from the Chamber of Commerce) and the unemployment rate is very low.
- It is a vibrant city with an international population of over 1.7 million people and with a full spectrum of local and international cuisine.
- Vienna is Europe‘s music capital with two major Opera Houses and the renowned Vienna Philharmonic. It is a safe and clean city with centuries of history, imperial architecture, museums, theaters and cultural festivals.The city’s events calendar is filled with a continuously changing menu of seasonal and holiday festivals featuring top musical performers as well as traditional Austrian activities.
- In sports and recreation, there are abundant opportunities for hiking, running, bicycling, skiing, boating, exercising—or just relaxing along the Blue Danube.
- Golden opportunities await you by visiting and perhaps even working at one of the many multinational businesses or global organizations that are headquartered here. Vienna is an important diplomatic center and home to one of the four official seats of the United Nations. Vienna is also the host city for numerous other international organisatios such as he Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- The city has an excellent infrastructure and affordable public transportation system - one of the best ones in the world.
- 50% of the city is “green” with numerous parks, long bike paths (over 200 km), swimming and sailing opportunities.
- Vienna is located in the heart of Europe with easy access to many major European cities and historical sites.
Vienna and the world through the eyes of a Gorlok