Information for New Students

Student ID Cards

A student ID is required when checking out books from the library, accessing the computer lab, signing up for a certificate of enrollment, and entering certain parts of the campus (see our campus access policy). Students may also need informal proof that they’re a student in Vienna to qualify for student discounts or for the student metro ticket. Preparation of the cards will begin after registration has ended. Be aware that ID cards expire every semester. The expiration date can be extended at the reception desk at the beginning of each semester.

To get your ID card, please request one via our online Student ID Request system.

Certificate of Enrollment

The Certificate of Enrollment is an official document stating that you are an active student for the current term and is therefore a confirmation of your attendance. To request a Certificate of Enrollment, please complete a request form at the Reception. Upon student account clearance, the letter will be available within one week. Please note that Certificates of Enrollment (Inskriptionsbestätigung) will be distributed earliest week 3 of the current term, upon confirmation of class attendance by your instructor, and payment of tuition fees.  

Reasons you might need a Certificate of Enrollment:

  • Insurance Semester‘s
  • Transportation pass
  • Visa renewal
  • Anywhere you need official proof that you are an enrolled student

Wiener Linien/Vienna Public Transport System

How to get your student semester tickets for the Vienna Public Transportation system:

Cost: 75 Euros


  • You must be a degree seeking student at Webster University
  • You cannot be older than 26 years of age

Where you need to go:

Wiener Linien GmbH & Co KG

Erdbergstrasse 202, 1031 Vienna

(U3 station Erdberg)


Documents required:

  • Application for the Wiener "Linien Semesterkarte"
  • Certificate of enrollment (apply at the reception in week 1 of the term; it will be available in week 3 at the earliest)
  • Valid Webster University Vienna student UD card with the semester sticker
  • Meldezettel
  • If your parents receive the Austrian "Kinderbeihilfe" for you, then you must also submit the valid "Familienbeihilfebescheid"

Take all the aforementioned documents, complete them and take them to the above listed address and fill out the semester ticket form.

Semester tickets last from 1st September to 1st February and 2nd February to 1st June

For more information please go to Wiener Linien.