Information for New Students
Student ID Cards
A student ID is required when checking out books from the library, accessing the computer lab, signing up for a certificate of enrollment, and entering certain parts of the campus (see our campus access policy). Students may also need informal proof that they’re a student in Vienna to qualify for student discounts or for the student metro ticket. Preparation of the cards will begin after registration has ended. Be aware that ID cards expire every semester. The expiration date can be extended at the reception desk at the beginning of each semester.
To get your ID card, please request one via our online Student ID Request Form.
Certificate of Enrollment
The Certificate of Enrollment is an official document stating that you are an active student for the current term and is therefore a confirmation of your attendance.
The following documents (two originals of each) will be available on the first day of classes for both graduate and undergraduate students, as well as incoming students in Term 2:
- Student data protocol (Studeinblatt)
- Proof of performance (Sammelzeugnis)
- Certificate of Enrollment (Inskriptionsbestätigung)
One document package will be produced for each registered student and can be picked up at the front desk against a signature as of the first day of the semester according to the academic calendars published on our website. Students on financial or admissions holds will not be permitted to pick-up their documents.
Reasons you might need a Certificate of Enrollment:
- Insurance Semester‘s
- Transportation pass
- Visa renewal
- Anywhere you need official proof that you are an enrolled student
Wiener Linien / Vienna Lines Public Transport System
Here is information on how to get your student semester tickets from Wiener Linien (Vienna Lines) for the Vienna public transportation system.
Cost: 75 Euros
- You must be a degree seeking student at Webster University
- You cannot be older than 26 years of age
Where you need to go:
Wiener Linien GmbH & Co KG
Erdbergstrasse 202, 1031 Vienna
(U3 station Erdberg)
- Application for the Wiener "Linien Semesterkarte"
- Certificate of enrollment (apply at the reception in week 1 of the term; it will be available in week 3 at the earliest)
- Valid Webster University Vienna student ID card with the semester sticker
- Residence Registration or "Meldebestätigung" (formerly called "Meldezettel")
- If your parents receive the Austrian "Kinderbeihilfe" for you, then you must also submit the valid "Familienbeihilfebescheid"
Take all the aforementioned documents, complete them and take them to the above listed address and fill out the semester ticket form.
Semester tickets last from 1st September to 1st February and 2nd February to 1st June
For more information please go to Wiener Linien.