Submission of Grades
Submission of Grades Online
All Webster University faculty are required to submit their final course grades to the Registrar’s Office using the Online Grade Entry system generally no later than one week after the end of each term. Here are detailed instructions for using the Grade Entry system:
1. Begin at Webster’s Home Page http://connections.webster.edu.
2. Log into your Connections Account
3. Click on the Faculty tab
4. Click on the word “here” in the Faculty Academic Services box
5. Enter your Connections User Name and Password and click on OK
6. Set Options:
- Select graduate program to display your graduate level courses
- Select undergraduate program to display your undergraduate level courses
- Select Spring for the term
7. Type in the year number (e.g. 2015)
8. Click Grade entry on the left side of the screen (it may take a few seconds to load)
9. Click in the radio button next to the course that you want to enter grades
10. Click on Select Marked Course directly above the radio buttons
11. Make your grade entry for each student by clicking on the grade box and selecting the appropriate grade. If you need to enter a last date of attendance, click on the month, day and year buttons to make your selections. Only enter this date if the student received a grade of F or if the student stopped attending the course at some point.
12. Click Submit Grades (nothing will be saved until you do this)
13. Do not leave the screen until you receive the message that the grades were updated.
14. Repeat this process for each of your classes. Grade entry opens in week 7 and will close on a date to be announced. If you need to make changes you may do so until we close grade entry.
15. Close your browser when you are finished. Additional information on submitting grades on-line will be distributed to you in week 7.
Late Submissions of Grades
Should an instructor fail to submit his/her grades by the deadline, the instructor should add the grades on an empty class list on the grading column, sign and put a date on it.
Should an instructor want to submit an incomplete grade for a student, they need to fill out the Incomplete Grade Form.
Should an instructor want to change an “I” or “IP” grade to a normal grade, on an individual case, then they need to fill out the Change of Grade Form. This form can also be obtained from the Registrar’s Office.
In the case that an instructor wants to change a submitted valid grade to a different grade, then they need to use the same form above and in addition a change of grade waiver which also needs to be signed by the academic director.
All the above forms should then be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.