Residence Permit Renewal

The application for an extension of a residence permit must be submitted in person with the competent Austrian immigration authorities, at the latest one month prior to expiration of the old residence permit, but no earlier than three months prior to its expiration. Residing in Austria remains legal during the period in which the decision regarding the extension application is made. This also applies if the previous residence permit has already expired. After expiration of the old residence permit, however, travel to other Schengen states is prohibited.

Below are the documents needed for an extension of your “Residence Permit Student”:

If you have further questions, please contact Student Services at

Please note: Webster Vienna Private University is not able to give legal immigration advice and the outcome of residency permit applications is the decision of the Austrian authorities alone.