We have a competitive research environment and are proud of our program diversity, which covers the foundations of psychology, provides a solid preparation for helping others, and introduces students to neurosciences and behavioral sciences.
Psychology is the study of the human mind and the behavior it generates, so learning about psychology means learning about yourself and others. Webster University's Psychology Department is proud of its counseling program, which ideally prepares students for a wide range of jobs in the helping profession. We are also proud of our state-of-the-art research infrastructure, which allows us to make links between the science and practice of psychology. If you are keen on gaining a better understanding of the human mind (including your own) Webster's psychology programs are what you need. All in English, right in the center of Vienna.
Bachelor Program (Undergraduate)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology - Accredited both in the USA and in Austria. This program also contains courses in Biology among others that make it similar to a Bachelor of Science (BS). In addition, you can get your hands on fancy physiological recording devices including a full grown 64 channel EEG system to watch the brain at work, which introduces you to the world of science. Click here to download our latest brain research paper.
Master Program (Graduate)
- You become a Psychologist,
- You gain verbal skills that are needed for every profession, because communication is crucial to all disciplines,
- You are ideally prepared for any PhD Program,
- You may get the Propädeutikum certificate by adding the “First Aid Course” and hours of Self-Reflection with a registered Psychotherapist (50 hours of individual self-reflection or 25 hours of a group self-reflection).
The Propädeutikum is the first important step to become a psychotherapist in Austria. If you would like to have more information about the process of getting the Propädeutikum certificate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested, please join the Psychology Club to socialize with others, get informed about Psychology-relevant events in Vienna and share your experiences and expectations.