Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Management
Management Major without an emphasis
Management is the ability to effectively coordinate people and resources to achieve the goals of an organization. The knowledge and skills acquired through the Bachelor of Arts in Management, i.e., the exploration of all aspects of managerial work and decision-making, provide the student with the necessary insights and tools to direct the flow of information, people and materials in a company.
- Students will explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management.
- Students will be able to identify and apply appropriate terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management when analyzing moderately complex situations.
- Students will be able to synthesize and integrate important concepts, principles, and theories used in management into solutions to moderately complex management problems.
A minimum of 128 US credit hours consisting of the following: a minimum of 46 required US credit hours of major coursework (see below); a minimum of 30 US credit hours from the Global Citizenship Program; and 52 US credit hours of electives.
*Fall 2017 intake or later. (View previous degree requirements.)
- ACCT 2010 Financial Accounting I (3 credit hours)
- CSIS 1500 Introduction to Business Technologies (3 credit hours)
- ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics (3 credit hours)
- ECON 2030 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices (3 credit hours)
- BUSN 2750 Introduction to Statistics (3 credit hours)
Prerequisite: MATH 1430 or STAT 1100
- MNGT 3320 Business Law: International (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 3400 Human Resource Management (3 credit hours)
Prerequisite: MNGT 2100
- MNGT 3450 Principles of Organizational Behavior (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 3500 Marketing (3 credit hours)
- BUSN 3710 Entrepreneurial Financial Management (3 credit hours)
- BUSN 4300 Business Ethics (3 credit hours)
- ONE of the following
- MNGT 4900 Managerial Policies and Strategies (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 4970 Bachelor Thesis (4 credit hours)
Vienna Campus Required Electives
- MATH 1430 College Algebra (3 credit hours)
- ACCT 2025 Managerial Accounting (3 credit hours)
Prerequisite: ACCT 2010
Students wishing to complete a double major with the bachelor of arts (BA) in Management may only do so with majors offered outside the Department of Business and Management.