Joachim Honeck MA
Lecturer in International Relations
Courses Taught at WVPU
- INTL 1050 Introduction to International Relations
- INTL 3310 Conduct of Foreign Policy
- INTL 3700 International Organizations
- INTL 2100 Model United Nations
- FRSH 1200 Freshman Seminar
- PhD in Progress, Political Science, University of Vienna
- MA International Relations, Webster University Vienna, Austria
- Jesuit Novitiate, Nürnberg, Germany
- Christian Humanities Program, Accademia Balthasar, Rome, Italy
- BA Phil. Pontifical University Santa Croce, Rome, Italy
Joachim Honeck is a Lecturer in the Department of International Relations at WVPU and a PhD candidate in the Department of Political Science at the University of Vienna specializing in the interaction of religion and politics in contemporary international relations. From 2014-2017, he served as a research fellow, department coordinator and academic advisor at the IR department, assisting the research faculty in areas such as European Energy Security, US Foreign Policy and EU-Asia Relations.
After receiving his BA Phil. from the Pontifical University Santa Croce in Rome (2003), Honeck studied philosophy, theology and literature while completing the Christian Humanities Program at the Accademia Balthasar in Rome (2007) and served in the Jesuit Order between 2007-2011. In 2014, he received an MA in International Relations from WVPU with a thesis on US grand strategy in relation to China and the EU.