Visa and Residency Permit

Making sure you meet all requirements for residency in Austria is a critical part of your path to success at WVPU.

Depending on your nationality, different regulations apply to residing in Austria. The Austrian laws differentiate between citizens of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), and citizens of all other states (third-country nationals).

Citizens of EU/EEA states and Switzerland do not need an entry visa or a residence permit to be able to study in Austria. If EU/EEA citizens plan to live in Austria for more than three months they require a confirmation of registration (Anmeldebescheinigung).

Please also be aware that student residence permit applications take time to be processed, therefore apply as soon as possible after acceptance to Webster University or at least one month before your renewal date:

If you have further questions after reviewing the different links on this website, please contact Student Services at

Please note: Webster Vienna Private University is not able to give legal immigration advice and the outcome of residency permit applications is the decision of the Austrian authorities alone.