Application Instructions- Undergraduate
Term Start: Fall 2 (Oct. 23, 2017)
Term Start: Spring 1 (Jan 15, 2018)* Priority Deadline: for visa students November 1 (for EU citizens December 1)
Term Start: Spring 2 (March 19, 2018) Priority Deadline: for visa students December 30 (for EU citizens February 1)
Term Start: Summer (June 4, 2018) Priority Deadline: May 1 (depending on course availability)
Term Start: Fall 1 (August 27, 2018)* Priority Deadline: for visa students June 15 (for EU citizens July 15)
NOTE: all students have to arrive on campus one week prior to the starting date of the term
* All first-time freshman students (coming directly from high school) are encouraged to start in Fall 1 and Spring 1 - due to the required First Year courses and the sequencing of the majority of our semester courses. However, if classes are available, freshman students are furthermore welcome to start with our Fall 2 and Spring 2 starting dates. First-time freshman students are unfortunately not able to start with the Summer term. A Freshman is a student who enrolls at Webster directly from high school or transfers in from another accredited university with less than one year of courses (less than 30 credits).
Transfer students may enroll in any of our 5 starting terms depending on course availability. A transfer student is a student who is transferring from another accredited college or university and has accumulated over 30 credit hours as transfer credits. Please make sure that your university is accredited by the local Ministry of Education or has an official regional US accreditation, otherwise, we will not be able to transfer any courses you have completed into the Webster degree program.
Priority Deadlines - please be aware that Webster University has rolling admissions meaning that you can apply at any time. The earlier you apply, the better in order to secure a place in your intended program. If you need a visa, please apply right away to make sure you have enough time to apply for a visa as it can be a long process.
Apply as early as possible, if:
- you need a visa to enter Austria. The visa process might take 3 to 6 months depending on your country of citizenship. You should apply for your visa as soon as you have been accepted to Webster University and have received your acceptance package which includes a visa application form. In case your visa is not ready for you to start your degree program with us, please notify your Admissions Officer so (s)he can defer your acceptance to the next starting term.
- you are interested in scholarships for the fall terms of the academic year. Send in your Webster University application early (Jan, Feb). Please be aware that you need to be accepted approximately 1 month before the scholarship deadline. Please check our scholarship page to find out more details including scholarship application instructions and supporting documents.
Webster University makes admissions decisions based on the application documents to evaluate your likelihood to succeed in your studies. For this process, it is essential for us to have the official documentation of your prior educational records. Please be aware that we cannot make an admissions decision without all of the following documents.
Summary of the application steps:
- Read the information details of your intended degree.
- Start your application by clicking on the yellow "Apply Now" button.
- Fill out your online application form and Submit the application. At this point, the online application is sent to the university and you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once you have submitted your online application form, you can attach your documents and upload them into your application. A list of the required documents can be seen below.
- Once all documents are submitted, an admissions decision will be made.
- A completed online application form.
- A copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Application fee should be paid by credit card (USD 35- degree and non-degree and degree completion - non-refundable): please follow the payment instructions given in the online form.
- Academic documents: Official transcripts. Please scan and upload your transcripts into your online application first and provide official, original documentation upon request. Please note that official original documentation mailed directly by your school or certified copies of such are required for a full admissions decision and acceptance. For more information on how to submit these documents, please contact us.
- Official transcripts showing secondary school coursework and results of the past 3 years
- If your transcript does not show your date of graduation or degree conferral, you will also need to submit a certified copy of your secondary school diploma
- Transfer students must also include official transcripts of all university work for a possible transfer credit evaluation.
- All academic transcripts must be in English. If they are not in English, you need to send us an official certified English translation thereof attached to a copy of the original transcript
- If you have IB results, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to request that Webster Vienna can access your official results online. Please make sure to include (CC) your Admissions Officer in that e-mail
- An essay that is not meant to be a research paper, and should not be something that you have written for one of your classes. Your admission essay should be a new, original work, written by you specifically for this application. It should demonstrate your writing ability, including good structure, correct use of grammar, the extent of your vocabulary etc. Your essay can be submitted in your online application. Please click here for essay topic suggestions.
- A resume or a list of activities and achievements.
- One letter of recommendation from a counselor or teacher/professor. Your recommender can either fill out the undergraduate recommendation form and send it directly to us, or they can write us a recommendation letter based on the questions asked in the form.
- If you choose to use the form, please fill out the top and sign it before giving the forms to your recommender.
- If the recommender chooses to write a separate recommendation letter, please make sure the recommendation is on official school or company letterhead stating the recommender's contact details, including their e-mail address.
English proficiency results from either a TOEFL or IELTS test.
The minimum requirement is a TOEFL score of 80 points IBT Internet-based test or an IELTS score Overall Band 6.0.
- If you attended/are attending an international or U.S. high school, you are recommended to submit SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) scores. When requesting an official SAT score report to be sent to Webster Vienna, please mention our institution code: 9131. SAT scores are not required, but if you have them, they can be helpful for determining admission. This code can also be used when requesting an AP score report to be sent to Webster Vienna.
All applicants will be contacted via email upon receipt of the official online application. Your Admissions Officer will be in direct contact with you regarding your application status.
Once you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance e-mail and a complete acceptance package will be sent to you by mail. Please make sure to state your correct and complete mailing address including your zip code, city and country etc. on the application form including your phone number (for TNT Express delivery). This acceptance package will include important information and visa application forms as needed.
Undergraduate applicants should possess a completed high school degree and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Both undergraduate and graduate applicants must also meet the required English proficiency to be considered for enrollment.
Due to the diverse backgrounds of our student population, acceptance is determined by a variety of characteristics. Decisions are based on (but are not limited to) academic background, English proficiency, motivations, global perspectives, extracurricular involvement and strength of essay.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at Webster!