DDr. Christine Butterfield-Meissl
Adjunct Professor, Webster Vienna Private University
Courses taught at WVPU
Background and Facts
DDr Christine Butterfield-Meissl studied medicine and psychology in Vienna and subsequently specialised in psychiatry and psychotherapy (psychoanalysis).
As a consultant psychiatrist she became the Head of Psychiatry (Primaria) at the Kaiser Franz Josef Spital in 2001 with responsibility for psychiatric hospital in- and outpatient treatment for the 10th District of Vienna. Psychotherapy was always one of the main cornerstones towards psychiatric treatment at the hospital and in her practice.
At the same time she has managed her own practice in the 4th District of Vienna, specialising in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy.
Whilst DDr Butterfield-Meissl’s main interest has always been the practical application of psychiatry and psychotherapy she has also been very active in the field of training and development. This was reflected in her role in developing new programmes for psychiatric training and trainee development curricula.
Psychotherapeutic and psychiatric practice in 1040, Vienna; Teaching Psychoanalyst at the Wiener Arbeitskreis für Psychoanalyse within the International Psychoanalytic Association (IPA); Teaching at Medizinische Universität, Vienna; Teaching Therapist for the Österreichische Ärztekammer; Teaching Psychotherapeutic Medicine within the training for psychiatrists; Teaching for the Propädeutikum; Member of the Ethikkommission der Stadt Wien; Balintgruppenleiter (Österreichische Balint-Gesellschaft); Adjunct Professor at the Webster Vienna Private University
- Dr med. (Universität Wien, 1978);
- Dr. phil. (Universität Wien, 1978);
- Psychotherapy (registered by the Bundesministerium für Gesundheit with the addition of Psychoanalysis 1991);
- Hochschullehrgang Supervision in Organisationen (Interuniversitäres Institut für interdisziplinäre Forschung und Fortbildung der Universitäten Innsbruck, Klagenfurt und Wien, 1996);
- Universitätslehrgang Krankenhausleitung (2003)