The media play a decisive role in our perception of the world. New media have revolutionized communications. Today people are expected to navigate through an information-saturated environment.
The Media Communications program is designed to make students familiar with several areas, among them mass communication; production skills in several fields – reporting/print journalism, film/video, animation, audio, photography, web design, ethical and legal aspects.
Students work on theoretical and research aspects of media and apply their knowledge to creative projects. We emphasize training in the production and post-production of content. Outside contacts are part of the practice of our courses. Site visits to media companies and institutions often lead to internships or further project work.
Bachelor Programs (Undergraduate)
These are some examples of recent student work:
- Selected Films from Production Courses 2012 - 2013
- Photos of our different Media Studios
- Media Projects showing a great diversity and variety of student productions
- BA in Motion Media Production (new program)
- Welcome to Wenkheim. A Palais turned into a university - our new campus!
- Welcome to our Residence Am Augarten - a tour of our student housing!