The media plays a decisive role in our perception of the world. New media have revolutionized media communications. Today people are not only expected to be literate, they are expected to be 'digerate', or digitally literate. The Media Communications program is designed to make students familiar with several areas: introduction to mass communication; production skills in two or more media fields (reporting/ print journalism, video, audio, photo, etc); and an introduction to ethics, law and the media.
Students are expected to work on practical applications as well as the theoretical and research aspects of media. We emphasize training in the digital production and post-production of content. Outside contacts are part of the practice of our courses; site visits to Viennese media companies and institutions often lead to internships or project work.
Bachelor Programs (Undergraduate)
These are some examples of recent student work:
- Selected Films from Production Courses 2012 - 2013
- Photos of our different Media Studios
- Media Projects showing a great diversity and variety of student productions
- BA in Motion Media Production (new program)
- Welcome to Wenkheim. A Palais turned into a university - our new campus!
- Welcome to our Residence Am Augarten - a tour of our student housing!