Language Center Workshops
The Language Center organizes workshop series on general language-related issues in academia, such as tips & techniques for academic language use as well as planning and conducting your own research process. There are no requirements or prerequisites to visit the workshops; everyone is welcome to join, no matter if you’re a freshman or if you’re writing your MA thesis.
Among the workshops that we regularly offer are:
- Cracking complex academic texts;
- Finding your voice: getting actively involved in classroom discussions;
- Arguing the point: expressing yourself in speaking and writing;
- Winning your audience: strategies for impactful presentations;
- Producing a Research Proposal (research design);
- Literature Review – Tips and Tricks for an Effective Review;
- Research Planning Process (conducting and completing research);
- Presenting a Research Project;
- Shut up and write, etc.
Please visit our Facebook group for workshop dates and locations as well as up-to-date information on our activities.