Research- International Relations
The research faculty at the Department of International Relations actively contributes to the scholarship on International Security, International Political Economy focusing on Energy Issues, Foreign Policy Analysis, European Integration, Political Representation and Transatlantic Relations. Our research is published internationally in different formats, e.g. books, book chapters,peer-reviewed articles or policy papers. Recent works were on European Integration in security and energy sectors, international institutions and their change, and EU-Asia relations. Current projects comprise the EU’s approach to conflict and crisis mechanisms, external dimensions of energy security and the EU-Asia relations in a transatlantic context.
Core Research Areas
- International Security
- International Political Economy focus on Energy Security
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- European Integration
- Political Representation
- Transatlantic Relations
Webster Vienna Private University is pleased to announce its cooperation with VIADUCT, a project aiming to create a large academic network with universities and partner institutions from the EU, Turkey and surrounding countries. VIADUCT’s objective is to promote research, teaching and policy dialogue, as well as build knowledge on EU-Turkey relations.
- Economic and security political interdependence between the EU and Asia
- Institutionalization of the foreign, security and defence policy of the EU
- Institutions and their change
- Diplomacy and Security
- EU governance
- Interaction between energy and security
- Domestic as well as international factors affecting energy infrastructure projects
- Critical Theory and Contemporary Ideology Critique
- Post-Kantian Continental Philosophy and the History of Concepts
- Political representation in liberal democracies with a focus on question of legitimacy in the European Union.
- European energy policy.
- Energy geopolitics and geo-economics
- The relationship between energy and foreign policies and its effect international cooperation and security