Application Instructions- Graduate
- When should I apply?
- How do I apply?
- Who should apply? (Applicant Requirements)
- MBA (2 Year Work Experience Requirement)
- Certificate Programs
Applications are accepted continuously and the earliest term for a student to join a desired program will be determined individually based on their prior academic experience. In general, most full-time graduate programs start each semester in Fall 1 and Spring 1. Part-time students in Business and Management department have more flexibility in terms of starting their programs. Sustaining the full-time load is not mandatory and students can adjust their course load based on their circumstances.
Business and Management degrees: Fall 1, Fall 2, and Spring 1
International Relations: Fall 1 and Spring 1
Psychology: Fall 1 only
Term Start: Fall 1, August 28, 2017
Priority Deadline: for visa students April 1 (for EU citizens July 1)
Term Start: Spring 1, January 16, 2017
Priority Deadline: for visa students September 1 (for EU citizens December 1)
Term Start: Spring 2, March 20, 2017
Priority Deadline: for visa students November 1 (for EU citizens February 1)
The earlier an applicant submits a complete application, the sooner an Admissions decision can be made.
Please apply early if:
- you need a visa to enter Austria. The visa application process might take 3 to 6 months depending on your citizenship. You can apply for your student visa once you have been granted admission to Webster University. Your acceptance package will include an acceptance letter and a visa application form. You will need to fill out this form and submit it to the Austrian embassy in your country with accompanying documents. Please notify your Admissions Officer if your visa cannot be issued in time for your starting term. Your starting term can be deferred to the next term as necessary.
- you are interested in scholarships. Send your application for admissions by early spring. Only students who have been granted admission and meet the minimum grade point average in addition to high English proficiency scores, may apply for a scholarship. Please check our scholarship page to find more details including application instructions, deadlines and supporting documents.
- Read the information details of your intended degree.
- Start your application by clicking the yellow "Apply Now" button.
- Fill out your online application form and Submit the application. At this point the online application is sent to the university and you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once you have submitted your online application form, you can attach your supplemental documents and upload them into your application (please submit all required documents as mentioned in the information details). These documents include:
- Official, most recent, transcripts from current or undergraduate university
- English proficiency test results
- Updated curriculum vitae
- A 400 word essay (topics can be found here). Students interested in the MBA program will need to write a 600 word essay (more information can be found here).
- One letter of recommendation (a template of the recommendation form can be found here)
- Once all documents are submitted, an admissions decision will be made.
An admissions decision cannot be made without supporting documents. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that all necessary documentation is submitted to the Admissions Office in a timely manner. All applicants will be contacted via email upon receipt of an official online application.
Due to Austrian accreditation requirements graduate students including students pursuing a sequential degree, must complete one of the following courses depending on their desired degree:
- International Relations and Marketing students: 6000 integrated studies in their relevant field
Finance and MBA students: BUSN 6140
A full graduate thesis (course code: 6250) worth 6 credit hours may be substituted for this requirement.
Once an applicant is granted admission to the program, an acceptance e-mail is sent and a complete acceptance package will be mailed per post. Please make sure to state a current and complete mailing address including zip code, city and country on the application form including a contact phone number.
Graduate applicants should possess a Bachelor degree from an accredited university. The university should be accredited by the Ministry of Education of the country it operates in and the applicants academic record should show at least a minimum American grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Transcripts not showing grades using the American grade point average (GPA) will be converted by Webster University's Admissions Office. Due to our curriculum's thorough coverage of subject content, students interested in the MBA, International Relations and Finance Masters' programs are not required to have corresponding Bachelor degrees in that field.
However, all applicants must meet the required English qualifications to be considered for admission. If you have taken the GMAT exam, we would welcome the opportunity to view your score as an optional additional component of your application. Our test code is LMS-TD-02. However a GMAT score is not required for admissions.
The goal of the admissions application process is to evaluate the likelihood of an applicant's success in Webster's graduate programs. As such all documents submitted are carefully considered. Due to the diverse backgrounds of Webster's student population, a positive admissions decision is determined by a variety of characteristics. Decisions are based on (but are not limited to) academic background, English proficiency, work experience, motivation, extracurricular involvement and strength of the written essay.
Applicants to the MBA program are expected to have at least 2 years of full-time relevant work experience. Internship, volunteer work and leadership activities may also be considered if a candidate is short of the full-time work experience as long as they contribute meaningfully to the candidate's profile. While the university does not specify categories of expected work experience, applicants should elaborate on their work experience with an essay.
Essay (minimum 600 words): In your essay, please describe your work experience in detail (work assignments, projects you worked on, accomplishments you achieved). Further explain how the MBA program fits your further career plans, i.e. how you expect it to contribute to your professional development.
All MBA applicants must submit this essay in lieu of the 400 word alternative.
Certificate participants must begin an online application by clicking on the blue Apply for Graduate programs button. In the online application please specify the certificate program of interest.
Once the online application form has been submitted, the following supplemental documents must be uploaded:
1. Most recent transcripts. Please send any already completed graduate degrees. If you have not completed
a graduate degree, please send your final undergraduate transcripts (you must have completed a Bachelor
degree from an accredited University)
2. English proficiency test results (if applicable)
3. Updated curriculum vitae
4. Motivation letter (at least 400 words)
*The Certificate in Change Leadership requires a minimum of two years work experience
For more information on the Graduate certificate programs, please visit our Certificate Programs page.