XII World Conference of the Spatial Econometrics Association (SEA) – Vienna, June 11-12, 2018
The conference is organized by the Business & Management Department, Webster Vienna Private University (WVPU), The Spatial Econometrics Association and Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU)
Date: June 11-12, 2018
Venue: The Conference will be held at Webster Vienna Private University campus, which is located in the heart of Vienna, Austria. For more information visit WVPU, Palais Wenkheim, Praterstraße 23, 1020 Vienna
The 12th World Conference of the Spatial Econometrics Association (SEA) has the objective to bring together econometricians, statisticians, economists, regional scientists and geographers to present and discuss their recent achievements in spatial econometric theories and applications, in connection with the analysis of externalities, spillovers, interactions, peer effects, network effects, etc. This edition follows previous conferences held worldwide since 2006 (i.e. Rome, Cambridge, New York, Barcelona, Chicago, Toulouse, Salvador, Washington, Zurich, Miami and Singapore).
- Keynote speakers, in alphabetical order: Prof. Bernard Fingleton (University of Cambridge), Prof. Harry Kelejian (University of Maryland) and Prof. James P. LeSage (Texas State University).
- Invited Speakers, in alphabetical order: Prof. Roger Bivand (NHH Norwegian School of Economics), Prof. Julie Le Gallo (Agrosup Dijon), Prof. Daniel Griffith (University of Texas at Dallas), Prof. Ingmar Prucha (TBC*) (University of Maryland).
TBC*: to be confirmed
- Young Researcher Paper Award sponsored by the Spatial Econometrics Association and WVPU.
- Publishing opportunity in a special issue of the Journal of Geographical Systems
- Conference Dates: Monday, June 11-12, 2018
- Deadline for Paper/Extended Abstract Submissions: Monday, January 29, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: Monday, March 5, 2018
- Deadline for Early Bird Participant Registration (250 Euros): Monday, March 19, 2018
- Deadline for Participant Registration (300 Euros): Monday, April 23, 2018
- Deadline for Late Participant Registration (350 Euros): May 21, 2018
Completed papers or extended abstracts (300-600 words) should be submitted electronically in .pdf format via our online platform located at the bottom of this page. All abstracts should include the title, keywords, JEL classification, authors’ names, affiliation and an email address. Please underline the name of the presenting author. When submitting, also indicate if you are a Ph.D. student or a young researcher (having defended a Ph.D. within the three years) and if you want to compete for the young researcher prize. For any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All payments must be made by a bank account deposit (Bank Account details: ERSTE BANK, IBAN Code: AT47 2011 1310 0310 1197, BIC/SWIFT Code: GIBAATWW). Please mention SEA2018 and your name when making the deposit. The transfer payment details will be sent to you via email, upon paper acceptance. In case you will not receive an email, please contact us at email@example.com.
The registration details and fees for the XII World Conference of the Spatial Econometrics Association 2018 are as follows, inclusive of tax:
|In Euro €||Early Bird Fee
|Late Registration Fee
Conference participant's registration fee will include:
- Congress bag (thumb drive, conference brochure, etc.)
- ICE Breaking, Four Coffees, Two Lunches
- Conference Dinner (additional ticket at €80 for spouse/guest can be ordered by 30 May (GMT+1, 5pm), to be paid by cash upon arrival)
A reduced fee is available for those that just want to participate (i.e. not to present a research study). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bank Account details: ERSTE BANK, IBAN Code: AT47 2011 1310 0310 1197, BIC/SWIFT Code: GIBAATWW.
The SEA2018 program will be announced here soon.
Travel & Accommodation:
Vienna is the capital and largest city of Austria and one of the nine states of Austria, with a population of about 1.8 million (2.6 million within the metropolitan area, nearly one third of Austria's population), and its cultural, economic, and political center. Vienna is located in the eastern part of Austria and is close to the borders of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary.
For the 8th year in a row (2009–2017), Mercer ranked Vienna 1st, i.e. the highest quality of life, in its annual "Quality of Living" survey of 231 of cities around the world. For more information visit Vienna Info and Visiting Vienna. Vienna regularly hosts urban planning conferences and is often used as a case study by urban planners.
Vienna is host to many major international organizations, including the United Nations and OPEC. Apart from being regarded as The City of Music because of its musical legacy, Vienna is also said to be The City of Dreams because it was home to the world's first psycho-analyst – Sigmund Freud (see also Sigmund Freud Museum). For guided tours and alternative walks of the city please see here, here, here and here.
How to reach WVPU:
Book your flights to the "XII World Conference of the Spatial Econometrics Association" online at www.austrian.com and save 15% on all applicable fares!
To do so, simply enter the following code in the eVoucher field on the Austrian homepage booking engine:
- Booking period: now until June 12th, 2018
- Valid for flights to Vienna and return as of June 4th, 2017 until June 19th, 2018 (final date for return flight) on flights operated by Austrian Airlines
Book your flights here!
The WVPU campus is located in Vienna's 2nd district, 19km away from the airport: 20min by taxi, 30min by train, 45min by bus away from Vienna International Airport that offers direct flights to major cities worldwide.