Annual WOM Chess for Girls
Webster Vienna is proud to host the 2nd Annual WOM Chess for Girls event, June 29 - July 4, 2015.
Ten of the top young talents from around the world (from 10 different countries!) were invited based on the April 2015 Top Girls’ rating list, with the restriction that only one player per federation was allowed.
The event is co-sponsored by the WOM, Webster University, Austrian Chess Federation and the Susan Polgar Foundation.
The idea is to raise the playing level of the elite young female talent worldwide. First, a four-day training session will take place with former World Champion Susan Polgar, Webster University (and her team), followed by a 2-day round-robin competition in Rapid Chess G/15 +10.
The competition will be open to the public, on July 3 and 4.
July 3, 2015
- 09:00 Opening Ceremony
- Competition rounds: 09:30, 11:00, 14:00, 15:30, 17:00
July 4, 2015
- Competition rounds: 09:30, 11:00, 14:00, 15:30
- 17:00 Closing Ceremony
- Ziaziulkina, Nastassia (Belarus) 2431
- Osmak, Iulija (Ukraine) 2426
- Khademalsharieh, Sara (Iran) 2412
- Aulia, Medina (Indonesia) 2412
- Abdumalik, Zhansaya (Kazakhstan) 2411
- Davaademberel, Nomin-Erdene (Mongolia) 2371
- Blagojevic, Tijana (Montenegro) 2338
- Bykova, Anastasia (Russia) 2337
- Mammadzada, Gunay (Azerbaijan) 2336
- Gazikova, Veronika (Slovakia) 2314
Special guests from Austria:
- Exler, Veronika (Austria)
- Newrkla, Katharina (Austria)