Confirmation of registration for EEA and Swiss nationals

Citizens of EU/EEA states and Switzerland do not need an entry visa or a residence permit to be able to study in Austria. If EU/EEA citizens plan to live in Austria for more than three months they require a confirmation of registration (Anmeldebescheinigung).

Please note that it constitutes an administrative offence punishable with a fine if you do not apply for a confirmation of registration on time.

For detailed information and document checklist please refer to the OEAD website.

In case you have further questions:

If you have read the information provided above as well as consulted the recommended website and have further questions please contact Student Services at[at]

Please note: Webster Vienna Private University is not able to give legal immigration advice or represent students as a third party. We cannot enquire or intervene on your behalf at the Austrian authorities.
If you need professional legal assistance with immigration matters, please consult one of the following legal professionals.