Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Management, Marketing Emphasis
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Management with an emphasis in Marketing covers all basic functions of management - exploring the internal and external influences that bear on managerial activities and decision making - while providing a specialization in Marketing. The program addresses the planning, organization, and implementation of marketing strategies, covering such issues as advertising, channel management, sales management, pricing policies, market research and communication. An important objective of the program is to provide students with an understanding of consumer behavior.
- Students will explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management.
- Students will be able to identify and apply appropriate terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management when analyzing moderately complex situations.
- Students will be able to synthesize and integrate important concepts, principles, and theories used in management into solutions to moderately complex management problems.
A minimum of 128 US credit hours consisting of the following: 39 Required US credit hours of Core Courses in the Major (this equals 13 courses); 30 US credit hours from the Global Citizenship Program; 59 Elective US credit hours (this equals 21 elective courses).
- ACCT 2010 Financial Accounting I (3 credit hours)
- ACCT 2025 Managerial Accounting (3 credit hours)
- ECON 2020 Principles of Microeconomics (3 credit hours)
- ECON 2030 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 3320 Business Law: International (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 3400 Human Resource Management (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 3500 Marketing (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 3510 Advertising (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 4330 International Marketing (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 4570 Marketing Research (3 credit hours)
- MNGT 4920 Marketing Strategies (Overview) (3 credit hours)
- BUSN 2750 Introduction to Statistics (3 credit hours)
Students wishing to complete a double major with the bachelor of arts (BA) in Management may only do so with majors offered outside the Department of Business and Management.