V-Day: A Benefit Reading in support of LEFÖ and V-Day International

V-Day Webster Vienna Private University 2017 presents a benefit reading of A MEMORY, A MONOLOGUE, A RANT AND A PRAYER: Writings to Stop Violence Against Women and Girls. The reading will take place on Friday, February 24 at 6pm and Saturday, February 25 at 2pm and will take place in the atrium of Palais Wenkheim at Praterstrasse 23, 1020 Vienna.

V-Day Webster Vienna Private University 2017 features stories presented by a group of dedicated Webster Vienna students and staff. General admission tickets will be sold for 10euros each, and students can purchase tickets at a discount of 8euro each when presenting their student ID card. To reserve tickets, email the names of all members of your group to event.assistant@webster.ac.at; tickets are only available to be picked up and paid for at will call beginning 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. Attendees will have the opportunity to donate more at the event should they wish.
 
V-Day is a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls that raises funds and awareness through benefit productions of playwright/founder Eve Ensler’s award winning play The Vagina Monologues and other artistic works. The readings are written by prominent artists and activists (more information on the list of readings and authors are included in the press kit). 90% of the proceeds from Webster’s V-Day performances will be donated to LEFÖ, which helps migrant women in Austria. The remaining 10% will be donated back to the V-Day international organization to be used towards the spotlight charity of the year.

Join us as we LISTEN! ACT! and RISE! to demand revolutionary change for women and girl survivors of violence. To learn more about V-Day and its campaigns, visit www.vday.org. To learn more about the local beneficiary LEFÖ, visit http://www.lefoe.at/.

V-Day Webster Vienna Private University 2017
23 Praterstrasse
1020 Vienna

For further information, contact:
Event.assistant@webster.ac.at