With a variety of courses and degree options to choose from, planning your academic future can be a challenge. To help you get the most out of your degree, you will be assigned a faculty advisor to provide academic guidance throughout your entire program of study. Being experts in their fields, they are an ideal resource to give advice based on the specifics and the content of your major.
In order to ensure that your advisor will be able to dedicate sufficient time to your advising needs, please make sure to ALWAYS make an appointment using the starfish system and come prepared. Starfish is the university’s main digital support tool for your student success. It is crucial for your time at Webster Vienna Private University to familiarize yourself from your first day at Webster until graduation.
- Find out who your faculty advisor is – can be found in starfish and in connections
- Please make sure to schedule any appointments at least 24 hours in advance
- When meeting your faculty advisor, your main topic will be the planning of your course schedule for the upcoming semester(s). This sheet will help you.
- As a student at an American liberal arts institution you also have to complete the Global Citizenship Program (GCP). This worksheet will help in your course-planning for your GCP
Please keep in mind that your faculty advisor WILL NOT be able to assist you with the following:
- Financial matters: please contact Mrs. Carina Starlinger-Mazelle at carina.starlinger-mazelle[at]webster.ac.at
- Transcripts for transfer credits (both graduate and undergraduate) from other institutions must be processed through the admissions department at admissions[at]webster.ac.at
- Certificates of Enrollment along with other official WVPU documents (should be requested at reception)
- Visa questions (initial application and renewals)
- Health insurance and housing (student services)
- Career Services
- For issues of a personal nature that might require Counseling Services
- If you should need special academic accommodations please contact Learning Support Services
As a student at Webster Vienna Private University your major field of study will determine the department of your faculty advisor. As outlined above, this advisor will be your main source of academic advice for your major, but they will also guide you through the GCP and any potential minor or double major combinations.
For general questions regarding the program or your department, you will have the individual department coordinators there to help you. Each of these coordinators is familiar with the academic programs and will be able to provide you with orientation to the various services available at WVPU.
In particular, your department coordinator will be able to help you with
- General questions about the program and the department
- Keeping you updated on departmental events
- Remaining informed about changes in the academic policies or program requirements
- Picking up and submitting drop and withdrawal forms
- Picking up and submitting add forms that have been signed by your faculty advisor
- The administrative process of the thesis
- Submitting your petition to graduate
We highly recommend to regularly check your department’s homepage
- Department coordinators: Mrs. Dorothy Kishbaugh at dorothy.kishbaugh[at]webster.ac.at
and Mr. Adam Troldahl at [adam.troldahl[at]webster.ac.at]
- Department coordinator: Ms. Katharina Neumann at katharina.neumann[at]webster.ac.at
- Department coordinator: Ms. Alexandra Elias at alexandra.elias[at]webster.ac.at
- Department coordinator: Ms. Nataly Loumba at nataly.loumba[at]webster.ac.at
Students interested in studying abroad should first consult the Student Resource Center to see whether they are eligible and familiarize themselves with the administrative process. The course planning itself will once again be done together with your faculty advisor.