Additional Housing in Vienna
Exemption to live off campus (for freshmen and transfer students) can be requested with legitimate reason. For exemption please write to the Senior Student Services & Event Coordinator Ms. Jutta Marka at email@example.com. Students accepted to the master programs are not required to live in the student housing.
We suggest that you do not underestimate the process of finding an apartment in Vienna - start informing yourself about the housing market early on, and come prepared to pay large deposits. Not many apartments are privately rented, which means you should expect to pay a real estate agent's fee of 2-3 months' rent (not a housing deposit, just the agent's fee).
In addition, most apartment contracts require 2-3 months' rent as a housing deposit. In most cases you will also have to pay an "Ablöse" in order to pay for existing furniture (built in) or appliances which are already in the apartment (amount varies depending on what is furnished). This means that you might end up paying 4-8 months rent up front just to start renting an appartment (real estate fee, housing deposit and Ablöse).
For more information about finding your own housing in Vienna:
- The Student Support Service - The Webster Student Support Service was founded by students who themselves experienced the challenge of moving to another city and all the difficulties that are involved: finding an apartment, getting a new bank account, a phone contract and internet as well as organizing their leisure time such as finding a gym or good restaurants and organizing travels and enjoying cultural activities. The Student Support Service helps students with all those challenges in order to make them feel at home in Vienna as fast and safe as possible. By representing the Webster University as a whole, the Student Support Service managed to get various well-known companies in a big variety of fields as partners. These partners grant discounts and special offers exclusively to Webster students and Webster alumni. For more information about the Student Support Service and our offers, deals and partners please follow the link above.
- Housing Anywhere -Find a room-Browse through rooms offered by other students in 300+ cities and 40+ countries; Get in touch-Contact students that offer a room directly, tell about yourself, ask questions, and become the selected tenant; Make payment-Confirm your room booking by paying the first month's rent and deposit through our secured payment system; Move in-HousingAnywhere.com transfers your rent and deposit to the room advertiser, only after you have moved in and checked the room. Super safe!
- Dr. Riess Apartments Vienna - offers 80 fully & modern furnished serviced apartments in Vienna. Available categories: 30m² Studio Apartment, 40m² Double Apartment, 60m² Comfort Apartment, 80m² Comfort Family Apartment and 100-125m² Attic Apartment. Since 2012 they also offer a 180m² luxury apartment close to city center (Servitenviertel, Schlickgasse). Apartments can be flexibly booked for long and short term rentals.
Contact: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +43 1 402 57 01
- Studentenheim Auge Gottes: - 86 dormitory rooms, 15 minutes to the center of Vienna, single and double bedrooms, fully furnished, shower, toilet and Internet access. Parking spaces for bicycles, garden and roof terrace.
Studentenheim Auge Gottes, Nußdorfer Straße 75, 1090 Wien, T. +43-1-319 44 88 100, F. +43-1-319 44 88 200, email@example.com.
- Milestone is more than a building with 429 Apartments, but it aims at establishing a culture that is tantamount to a quality life style, supports the students on their way to adulthood, whilst providing the setting and frame for them to experience an unforgettable student life.
- IG Boarding House - Home away from home! 26 elegantly furnished apartments with Concierge Service, sized 31 m² - 59 m² (100 sq feet - 196 sq feet), can be rented over short- or long-term at Boarding House OrchideenPark, the exclusive residential estate in Vienna's finest district. Modern spa and fitness equipment, an outdoor pool, a High-Tech Business Corner with functional office and internet infrastructure, excellent access to public transportation and highly attractive apartment rates... this is a compelling alternative to a traditional hotel stay.
- Viennaresidence, manage modern furnished Serviced Apartments in Vienna, also in luxury category. The apartments are perfect for long and short term rentals.
- IG Immobilien: Campus Lodge - The modern apartment house project "Campus Lodge" is in Vienna's second district, in Josef-Fritsch-Weg 1-5, next to the underground station U2 "Stadion", not far away from the leisure time facilities of famous Prater. A further advantage is the adjacency to the new University of Economics and Business. The apartment house mainly targets students and members of university staff, as well as people who simply like Vienna's second district. Short and long term rental are possible - in prime location in "Leopoldstadt" ( 2. District) Campus Lodge is the first residential house which is certified by ÖGNI for sustainable building.
If you are interested, please send us an email with your request: info@campuslodge.
- GoVienna.net - newly renovated vacation apartments in a central location in Vienna. The rental apartments are all fully furnished - including towels and bed covers.
- ARWAG Wohnen & Arbeiten Many of our students have found accommodation in the building “Hochhaus Neue Donau” for the duration of their studies. These are private apartments. As with SEG, Webster is not affiliated with ARWAG or responsible for students reserving housing there. For more information please contact: ARWAG Holding AG - Tel. + 43 1 797 00-0.
- Apartment Keeper Association of Vienna: All apartments and accommodations you find on this site are visited, controlled and categorized by authorized officials. They are all classified properties under the criteria of the Federal Association of the Apartment Keeper Organizations in Austria
- Hotels - A comprehensive listing of hotels, pensions, youth hostels and camping facilities is available from the Central Information Office in the Opern Passage (the underground pass to Kärtnerstrasse on the Opera side) or check www.info.wien.at.
- The Immigration Endowment Fond, was founded in Vienna, Austria by the Socialist Party in 1972. The goal of this fond is to help immigrants facilitate their move to Austria and settle down without the additional bureaucracy. The fond is proud to be able to offer over 2600 furnished apartments in all of Vienna’s districts.
- Vienna Apartment: An apartment in the city centre is ideal for guests that thrive in an urban environment. A quiet area, business and central location might seem like a contradiction, but not for Vienna Apartment. Their apartments are all fully equipped 2-room flats in a carefully chosen inner-city location.