Welcome to Webster Vienna
Founded in the U.S. in 1915, Webster University is an American University with a global perspective. The Vienna Campus, Webster Vienna Private University, opened in 1981 and is accredited both in the USA and in Austria.
The University focuses on excellence in teaching, the joining of theory and practice, small class sizes, and educating students to be lifelong independent learners prepared to participate in an increasingly international society.
Webster University, a worldwide institution, ensures high quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
4 Continents, 9 Countries, 60 Cities, 1 University
Webster has a unique international network of campuses that offers students the opportunity to do parts of their studies almost anywhere in the world within a single university system.
A degree from Webster Vienna is accredited in both the USA and Austria, and recognized everywhere in the world.
Start your global learning experience with us and our worldwide network of campuses!
- 1915 founded in St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- 1925 accredited in the USA by the Higher Learning Commission
- 1981 opens Vienna campus at the invitation of the mayor in Vienna
- 1985 offers first accredited MBA program in Austria
- 2001 Webster Vienna receives the Austrian private university accreditation
- 2014 Webster Vienna moves to “Palais Wenkheim” close to the city center and opens Webster’s first dormitory in Vienna, “Residence Am Augarten”
- 2015 Webster University celebrates 100 years