Join WVPU - A Diverse and International Community Rooted in Vienna
Webster Vienna Private University (WVPU) is a leading private university in Austria. Its primary tasks include services to students and the generation of knowledge that furthers the public good.
Its diverse and international staff consists of more than 40 nationalities bringing together eminent academics and practitioners from various international institutions with seats in Vienna.
We welcome professional and innovative individuals with a global perspective and provide them with high-quality jobs and clear guidelines in a secure environment, rich in diversity with opportunities for professional development and career growth.
Pension Fund - An attractive private pension plan scheme is available for salaried employees after one year of service.
Training and development opportunities - WVPU supports professional development for all of its employees. These include both internal and external initiatives.
- Faculty members:
- WVPU supports its faculty to continuously develop their knowledge and expand the network.
- WVPU regards participation in an international scholarly community as a vital element of knowledge creation and dissemination.
- WVPU invites all status-track faculty to use the existing training services available. Annual performance agreements support all efforts to plan, document, and later assess such efforts including, in particular, publications, participation in workshops and networks, and the presentation of original research at major discipline relevant conferences, which is supported by university travel grants.
- Staff members: Biannual Feedback Dialogues support the planning of professional development activities throughout the year. Professional development days and budgets support individual training needs.
Further training opportunities:
- Computer-based training resources - WVPU offers its faculty and staff a wealth of resources to support their work, expand their knowledge, and develop professional skills through partnerships with industry leaders.
- Class audit and Tuition remission - When deemed appropriate, staff members may be permitted to audit specific, non-language oriented, graduate-level courses in addition to and outside of their working hours. Under special circumstances, staff and faculty members may be eligible for tuition remission.
- Erasmus + Mobility Program - As an active member of Erasmus+, WVPU supports opportunities for staff and faculty to participate in short-term professional development activities at partner institutions.
WVPU works with external parties to promote occupational health and offers regular in-house workshops on a variety of topics, in addition to a weekly internal relaxation workshop. Health management also includes the support of a joint employee/student team at a yearly Vienna running event.
Career and Family
WVPU is a family-friendly environment that offers flexible working time models as well as part-time employment opportunities in order to foster a healthy balance between career and family. At WVPU, December 24 and 31 are additional holidays.
WVPU organizes many social gatherings including a New Year’s kickoff party, employee appreciation celebrations, off-campus teambuilding events, and a Thanksgiving Dinner inviting all employees and family members.
Discounts and vouchers
WVPU offers its employees a wide range of discounts in, inter alia, the city’s many restaurants, shops, and other venues. A complete list can be found here.
WVPU is a leading private, tuition-based university in Austria that takes its social responsibility seriously.
Research needs to make a difference for it to matter and sees transformative learning as involving engagement beyond the secure confines of the university to motivate students to lead lives of purpose. Therefore, WVPU contributes to the public discourse on global issues and serves as a partner and an informal idea laboratory for corporate partners and international and non-governmental organizations with offices in Vienna.
The university encourages faculty, staff, and students to confront social issues and get involved with service whenever and wherever possible. From direct community involvement to the publicly accessible events it organizes, WVPU’s sustained approach to social responsibility epitomizes its efforts to foster global citizenship.
Webster Vienna Private University (WVPU) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that values diversity among staff, faculty, and students and considers such diversity critical to cultivating academic excellence and achieving its mission to foster global citizenship.
WVPU has an established 4-member Working Group on Equal Opportunities (WGEO) with an elected Diversity Manager serving as its chair.
The mission of the WGEO is to contribute to the expansion of equal opportunities within the WVPU community. As such, the WGEO supports the Executive Board (EB) and the Human Resources Office (HR) in communicating those principles so that all members of the community are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities as put forth in the values of WVPU’s Affirmative Action Plan for Managing Diversity and the Advancement of Women.
This will be done by promoting and reporting on the principles of diversity, inclusivity, and equity, aligning with the core values of the global Webster network and the rights and obligations of global citizens.