Getting started: Tools You'll Need:
To find your faculty advisor and make an appointment with your faculty advisor. Watch this video to learn more about Starfish.
Don’t forget to set your profile to the correct time zone!
3. Major Roadmap(s)
To view Vienna-specific requirements for your major – beware prerequisites!
How to register for classes:
1. Check your degree audit in connections and consult your major roadmap for the courses you need to complete in the major.
2. Check your degree audit in connections and consult your GCP worksheet for the courses you need to complete in the GCP or your minor.
3. Check Courses@WVPU for courses on offer in the upcoming term or semester and compare those to the courses you still need to complete. Notes on cross-listing, course prerequisites, and scheduling irregularities for each course can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- If a course fulfills a GCP requirement, a note with the knowledge area and the skill area will be listed in [brackets] behind the course name (ex. Design Concepts [ARTS/OCOM])
4. Choose courses and complete the Registration Planning Sheet;
- Course selections should adhere to all prerequisite requirements as indicated on the schedule and should be free of time conflicts.
- If you choose a course scheduled as TBA, please also provide an alternate course.
5. Using Starfish, make an appointment with your faculty advisor to discuss your course selection and registration;
- Make sure to schedule any appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
- Bring your completed Registration Planning Sheet to the meeting.
After receiving your faculty advisor’s approval, please submit this form to your department coordinator(s).